At Berrinba East State School, our approach to pedagogy is guided by the 14 Parameters of System and School Improvement (Lyn Sharratt). The centre piece of this work is the Assessment and Instruction Framework.
At Berrinba East State School, there are identified 'signature strategies' that are delivered consistently across the school. These include -
- Age Appropriate Pedagogies
- Language Lens for Learners
- Positive Behaviour for Learning
- Synthetic Phonics Instruction
- 4 Instructional Modes of Reading
- Explicit Instruction
- Nature Play
- Heggerty's Phonemic Awareness
- Cognitive Verbs
- POLYA Model
More information can be found in the BESS Pedagogical Framework.