The school uniform policy reflects school community standards and balances the rights of individual students with the best interests of the whole school community. The policy is consistent with health and safety considerations and anti-discrimination legislation. The Berrinba East State School Uniform Policy offers gender neutral uniform options for all students.
The Berrinba East State School community are proud of the uniform and expect all students to wear it with pride. Through consultation the Berrinba East State School community has approved a uniform policy because of the belief wearing a school uniform:
- Promotes a safe environment for learning by enabling ready identification of students and non-students at the school.
- Ensures compliance with health and safety considerations, curriculum activity risk management strategies and sun safety strategies.
- Promotes an effective teaching and learning environment by eliminating the distraction of competition in dress and fashions at the school.
- Fosters mutual respect among individuals at the school by minimising visible evidence of economic, class or social differences and promotes a supportive environment by fostering a sense of belonging.
The school uniform can be purchased through the School Uniform Shop which is run by the Berrinba East State School Parent and Citizens Committee.
The Berrinba East State School Uniform consists of -
* The school polo shirt - This shirt consists of green, navy blue and white vertical panels with the school logo on the top left side of the shirt. This shirt can only be purchased through the School Uniform Shop.
*Shorts or Skorts - Navy blue, knee length with 'BESS' embroidered at the bottom of the left.
* Black shoes (leather or joggers) with plain white socks
* Bucket Hat - Navy blue with house colour on the reversible side.
* Navy zip up jumper - with school logo on the top left side of the jumper
* Navy blue tracksuit pants.
Special Uniforms -
*School Indigenous polo - can be worn to school on Wednesdays.
* School Senior Shirt - can be worn any day by Year 6 students.